Java APIs to manipulate PowerPoint documents
Read, write and manipulate Microsoft PowerPoint documents and transform presentations to PDF, HTML and image formats from within any Java application.Download Free Trial
Aspose.Slides for Java
Aspose.Slides for Java is PowerPoint document manipulation and processing API to read, write, manipulate and convert PowerPoint files within any Java based application. API does not have any external dependencies so it can be used without requiring Microsoft PowerPoint.
Being a powerful and comprehensive API, all PowerPoint presentation elements such as slides, tables, text, MSO charts, shapes, images and SmartArt diagrams are accessible for manipulation. Moreover, Aspose.Slides for Java API supports exporting presentation slides to PDF, XPS, TIFF, HTML and PDF Notes.
At A Glance
An overview of Aspose.Slides for Java to render and process PowerPoint presentation elements
- Create Charts
- Work with SmartArts
- Work with PowerPoint Shapes
- Support for ActiveX Controls
- Support for Ole Objects
- Manage Text & Formatting
- Manage Hyperlink Text
- Set Placeholder Type
- Text placeholders & frames
- Supports MSO Charts
- Supports SmartArt Shapes
- Supports ActiveX Shapes
- Manage Slide Transitions
- Manage Animation Effects
- Add Connectors to Shapes
- Rotate & Flip Shapes
- Manage Shape's Line Styles
Presentation API can be consumed in any Java based desktop, enterprise web application or in any Linux and Unix environment.
- JSP/JSF Application
- Desktop Application
Supported File Formats
Aspose.Slides for Java API supports processing of PowerPoint formats PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX, PPTM, PPSM, POTX, POTM and ODP. It can also transform these formats to PDF, PDF/A, XPS, HTML and image formats such as TIFF, JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF.
- Microsoft PowerPoint: PPT, PPTX, PPS, POT, PPSX, PPTM, PPSM, POTX, POTM
- OpenOffice: ODP
- Fixed Layout: PDF, PDF/A, XPS
- Images: JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIFF
- Web: HTML
Advanced Java PowerPoint API Features
Create new slides or clone existing slides from templates
Save & open PowerPoint files to & from streams
Generate presentations from database
Create shapes on slides
Add text to shapes
Support working with PowerPoint tables
Handle text & shape formatting
Apply or remove protection on shapes
Scan text from presentations
Render slides to images
Export presentations to fixed-layout formats
Export to plain TIFF or TIFF with Notes
Export slides to SVG
Add images to presentations
Embed Excel charts as OLE objects in slides
Generate MSO Charts
Export presentation to HTML
Import & export HTML text to & from presentation slides
Support for ActiveX components
Support for SmartArt shapes
Protect presentations & converted PDF files
Support for VBA Macros
Print PowerPoint presentations
Use Aspose.Slides for Java classes in PHP
Extract text from PPT document
PowerPoint Presentation Rendering
Aspose.Slides for Java supports high fidelity rendering of slides in the presentations to various graphics formats.
- Render PowerPoint Presentations to
- Render PowerPoint Slides to SVG
Presentation API Content Features
Aspose.Slides for Java API enables you to access, modify or create almost all the possible contents of presentations.
- Master Slides : access and modify a presentation's master slides for defining normal slides layout
- Normal Slides : access and modify existing slides or create new slides of different types.
- Cloning / Copying Slides : clone or copy existing slides within a presentation or from other presentations
- Place Holders and Text Holders : access within existing slide or create a slide with text holders from scratch
- Header and Footers : API handles header and footers in slides
- Slide's Notes : Add Notes to slides or access and modify Notes associated with a slide
- Finding a Shape : Find a shape on any slide using the alternative text associated with it
- Backgrounds : API supports working with the background associated with a master or normal slide
- Text Boxes : create Text Boxes from scratch or access and modify its text without loosing its format
- Shapes : Create or modify following shapes
- Rectangle Shapes
- Poly Line Shapes
- Ellipse Shapes
- Group Shapes
- Auto Shapes
- Shapes Serialization : Although a number of shapes supported by API and in case if shape is not supported then use serialization method through which one can serialize that from an existing slide.
- Frames :
- Picture Frames
- Audio Frames - Audio files linked or embedded in slides through audio frames
- Video Frames
- OLE Frame - OLE Objects are managed through OLE frames
- Text Frame - Text associated with any shape accessed through text frame belongs to that shape
- Tables : API supports Tables on presentation slides
- Text Scanning : Built-in scanning methods used for text scanning on presentation or slide level.
- Animations : Animations can be applied to shapes.
- Slide Shows : Slide shows and slide transitions are supported.
PowerPoint API Formatting Features
API supports Text and Shape formatting features on slides in a presentation document. Text is formatted using paragraphs and portions within each text frames. Text frames associated with shapes as shape is basic element of a slide.
- Font type
- Font size
- Font color
- Font shades
- Paragraph alignment
- Paragraph bulleting
- Paragraph orientation
- Fill (including pattern, gradient, and solid).
Microsoft Office Automation – Not Needed
Aspose.Slides for Java is built using managed code that does not need Microsoft Office or Microsoft PowerPoint to be installed on the machine to work with PowerPoint document formats. It is a perfect Microsoft PowerPoint automation alternative in terms of supported features, security, stability, scalability, speed and price.